e mërkurë, 4 korrik 2007

I am Officially a Fanatic



Today, I took the 20 minute drive from my house to New Britain to check out some Sox
Prospects in action as the Portland Sea Dogs played the New Britain Rock Cats. The game was great (Portland Won), but the most noteworthy part of my sojourn came after the game, while I waited to get some autographs of future Sox stars.

25 minutes after the completion of the game, Clay Buchholz, Boston's top prospect and arguably the best pitcher in the minors walks out of the locker room carrying a paper cup. I ask him if he would please sign some cards for me and he puts his paper cup on top of a soda machine and signs away for all of the people waiting for his autograph.

Right when he is boarding the team bus my friend points out to me that Buchhols left his paper cup on top of the soda machine. I go to grab the cup and yell to Clay that he left his "drink", but he already boarded the bus. I look into the cup and realize that Clay was only using it for tobacco spit. My friend dared me I would not keep it, so naturally i took the dare, brought it home and poured it into a small bottle. I am now the only person in the world, other than Clay Buchholz to own genuine, Clay Buchholz spit. Clay better become a superstar because this souvenir, although one of a kind, is pretty gross. How much did the guy on EBAY make for Luis Gonzalez "ABC" gum?


RED SOX NOTES


- After collecting 2 hits last night, Julio Lugo went 0 for 3 today. He is now 2 for his last 39.

- Manny Delcarmen seems to be settling into the 7th inning setup role. His strikeout in relief of Lopez today was absolutely huge. Keep it up Manny! We need you.

- After today's action the Sox are now 12 games up on New York.

1 koment:

Matt LaMalfa tha...

1. Did you really use the word sojurn in this post?

2. I cant believe you kept the spit from that cup, you are sick.